Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day

We have been trying to fit many things into our days lately. Last weekend started out with breakfast at the Egg & I (love it!!) and a quick trip to USA Baby to pick up baby girl's crib. Of course as soon as we got home we had to put it together and it looks awesome! Now I just need to decide about some furniture and decorations for the room. Speaking of new things, I got the most thoughtful gift from the boys. Shawn got me a new charm bracelet (to replace the one I lost) from James Avery. He also got me 3 charms: boy booties, girl shoes and the ATM symbol. I cannot wait to get the shoes engraved, but I'm waiting until after the birth of baby girl to get them both done at once.

Right after we headed to College Station, where I was planning a girl's night with Angela and Maritza. It was so nice to do something with the girls. We enjoyed dinner at Fish Daddy's, then watching the Back Up Plan. Lots of laughs at that movie!

Angela and I
Max and Shawn headed over to Honey and Poppy's to start the Mother's Day weekend celebration. Max really enjoys being out there and running around everywhere. He loves their big glass doors and watching the birds, dogs and squirrels. By the time I got there, they were all asleep. So I got to cram my big pregnant-self into the bed with a squirmy toddler and my husband. Not the most enjoyable night of sleep, but we managed!

Sunday we had almost all the family there and it was great. We had such a great time we didn't even think to take a family picture, but I managed to get some. I loved it that my parents and Maritza came, I love when I can have both sides of the family together. We had some great food and a ton of dessert!! Max had so much fun, he was pooped. Luckily Auntie Em and Rachel helped him to get so comfy he took a nap.

Max's wild hair, enjoying the country

Auntie Em and Rachel

No comments: