Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Peanuts are not our friend

Today we had an appointment with a great allergist in Houston, Dr. Juan Zambrano. I was pretty sure Max had a peanut allergy after he had a taste of my toast with peanut butter about a month ago. He had a prick test done today...which he absolutely hated! He got over it quickly because they had cool toys and books to play with. They tested for a few other things like mold, mites, eggs, dogs, etc. But peanut was a definite. So I got information on products that are made peanut-free, peanut butter alternatives and a support group. I was really upset at first because I LOVE peanut butter, but it is just something we are going to have to deal with. Dr. Z says there is a possibility he may outgrow it, but i have an epi-pen at all times just in case. Other than this Max is doing great. He is learning sign language with the Baby Signing Time program. So far he has signed milk, water and daddy. He walks when he wants, but he still prefers to crawl.


Here is a picture of the prick test on his back. #58 was for peanut.

In other news, Shawn starts a new job on Monday. He is really excited! This is a job he has been working on for a while and its a career move he is looking forward to. There will be some travel involved, mainly Louisiana, but also France, Scotland, etc.. I hope he has a trip to France when the kids are bigger, so we can all go!

I have been having lots of fun designing and ordering things for baby girl's nursery. It will be pretty in pink! Can't wait for the things to come in so we can start decorating. Shawn was an integral part in designing Max's nursery, but he's letting me take the reins on this one. :o)

No comments: