Sunday, June 7, 2009

Birthday party in Vidor

This was a busy weekend. Shawn went to a company fishing trip to Matagorda Bay. I wasn't looking forward to a weekend alone with Max. Luckily, Rosie and the girls decided to come and visit and carpool to Nora Mae's 2nd birthday in Vidor. We were so happy to get to see Ollie and Tera and the girls.
We all packed up and hit the road. Thank goodness Rosie has such a spacious vehicle. The trip was long, but we had great conversation. It was nice because Penny and Max were kind of on the same feeding schedule. It made me feel like less of a burden (I often feel like that when I travel with a group). All the kids did a great job on the road and we enjoyed the quick visit to see the Ryan Family. Unfortunately we didn't get a good picture with them....maybe next time.

Max was a good ol' boy and only fussed when he was hungry. He was pretty sleepy most of the day. It was a nice and warm summer day!! It was so nice when Tera's mom brought out a quilt for the babies to enjoy.


Max & Landry


Max & Penny

1 comment:

Rosalinda Castillo said...

I was glad to have made that trip with you too! It's interesting to see you travel as my cousin the mommy versus my cousin without kids...it is a whole different experience. That's what kids do...changes your perspective without you really even noticing.

Love you guys!

P.S. I'm going to steal the baby pics and post on my blog since I didn't have a camera...(you know what I want to say, right?) Ja ja!