Thursday, June 14, 2012

Bad timing, bad parenting, bad kids, you tell me?

First off let me say I know that I am blessed to have two healthy and relatively happy children. However today went from great to bad in less than 60 seconds. This may have happened due to illness, teething, exhaustion, parenting, chance, bad choices, I don't know. But it did, and here is how it went down. This summer we have been taking advantage of the gym's kid's club as an activity the kids love and get to go to my two favorite classes: Zumba and Body Pump. They love going and I so do I! We did that and it went great, I was ready to tackle the world. I took the kids to subway, which I haven't been there in years, but I had a coupon so I thought why not. My first clue that they day was going bad quickly was the tantrum Maddie threw about opening her chips immediately. I decided not to give in today and Max was doing a great job. By the time I had to pay, Maddie was having an all out meltdown and said coupon was throwing the cashier for a loop. While I tried to be patient and calm Maddie down I went ahead and got the kids chocolate milk and sat them down. I go back to pay and as I'm gone the kids manage to get into a little fight, which Maddie won and left Max crying. I pay, separate the kids and get them settled with their lunch. We eat, Maddie proceeds to make a mess with her chips, fall out of her booster seat and cry because she has cheeto fingers, really?? I'm just thankful nobody spilled their milk....yet. Of course Max has to go to the bathroom, so we all go. Max is ready to go at this point, so I clean up quickly and start walking to the door. Of course, Max decides to run to the door, falls and spill his milk all while crying and screaming. And you know crying is contagious, so Maddie decides to chime in. I calm them down and I think I might be able to go into Vickie Lynn's to look at some jeans that are $20 off. Max seems ready to go. It looks like things have turned arounds. I find a cute pair of jeans, kids are playing nicely while siting in the dressing room. Then the crying starts again, I decide, I'll come back for the jeans. I get the kids loaded in the Expedition then Max realizes he left a train in the store. Really?!?! I tell him to go get it, no, then he falls again (not wearing those shoes again by the way). So I unload Maddie, take both kids in the store to retrieve the train with two screaming kids. Nice, I'm sure they love me at Vickie Lynn's. We drive home, one kid still screaming the other asleep. I'm sure one day I'll look back at this and laugh, not today though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can explain... Some days, THEY win! ;)Good thing we get to start fresh each morning!!