Sunday, April 11, 2010

Fiesta in San Antonio

Max took his first trip to San Antonio this week. I was a bit worried about a 3 hour drive alone with a toddler, but it went surprisingly well. I timed it around nap time, so he slept about 2 hours on each trip and didn't get fussy until the last 30 minutes or so. My mom and I ventured out to explore the city. I wanted to do so much, but we kept it simple.
He loved the Children's Museum. There was a cool tot spot that he would have probably spent all day there. I think his favorite was pushing the shopping cart at the kid-sized HEB. He also enjoyed seeing the fish aquarium.

Fish aquarium
We also went to the San Antonio Zoo, which was really nice. His favorite was probably the birds, ducks, fish and the petting zoo. He didn't care much for the big animals since they pretty much just lay around. He did like the Tiger though.

Playing in the sand box

Amazed at the fish

He loved the baby goats! He chased them all around and practiced being "gentle" while petting them.

Seeing the ducklings

Pointing at the animals and saying "gu gu". Not sure what he is saying, but he says that for birds, dogs, ducks, etc.

2 comments:

Rosalinda Castillo said...

Good times...he's growing up so quickly!

Elizabeth said...

Cute!!