Saturday, January 9, 2010

10 months


Today I was rocking my baby and it dawned on me that my baby is almost a toddler! It brought a tear to my eye, a few actually. The thought that time has gone by so fast, one day he won't even want me to rock him, one day I won't be able to protect him from everything, etc. I am overwhelmed by emotion as I write this. He has truly been the greatest thing in our lives. A true miracle that we have been blessed with.
There are many things that I want to remember about him at this age. He now weighs about 23 pounds. He is too scared to stand alone, but he loves to cruise along holding on the tables, chairs, walls, you name it. He has 2 teeth, about halfway in, on the bottom. He is close to cutting a tooth on top. He has some allergy issues, and wheezing. Luckily we bought a nebulizer, and he gets treatments as needed. He is very attached to me, as I am to him. He loves his dog, although the feeling isn't always reciprocated. It's funny though, when Max is napping or in the car seat still, Tyson will get close to him. So darn cute! He get so excited when he plays, especially with his daddy. He has the cutest squeals, giggles and baby blabber I have ever heard. He runs away from sounds of the vacuum and the toilet flushing. He gets very scared when Tyson is barking at something non-stop. He likes to get people's attention, even strangers at the store. He has this adorable wave. When he is really excited he gets both hands waving. He likes to i-chat with Gammy and Grandpa (my parents, although we really haven't settled on a name for them). He loves it when my mom sings to him! He is constantly emptying things: linen closets, drawers, baskets, purses, etc. I could go on forever, but I won't! Suffice it to say that he changes and grows everyday, and we are lovin' every minute of it.
In other family news we are expecting our second baby. The due date is in mid- July. So excited that Max is going to have a little brother or sister. This was a longer blog than I intended, but if you are a loyal reader, you got the big news at the end. Until next time...

2 comments:

Erica said...

Um, yea!! So glad I made it to the end...sounds like he is going to be a great BIG brother!! Congrats on your growing family..and hope you are feeling good!!

The Templeton's said...

So good to get the scoop on Max. He is getting cuter and cuter (didn't think that was possible) day after day. I miss you too! Let's get together soon!

Ash