Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Surprise Ultrasound

Today was a bad day! Nothing at work was going right, quite the opposite actually. I won't get into, but it had me really upset.

The high point of my day was going to the doctor. Other than the fact that I am gaining weight a little too rapidly everything is still on track.

My doctor had to leave for an emergency C-section so I didn't get to see her. 2nd time!! So I wait, and wait. It is nearly 5:15 and I am still waiting to see someone. That is when the impatience really gets to me. So I nicely complain and make suggestions, to no avail. Luckily, I get to see a nice doctor who is trying to decide little Max's position (yes, we are playing with the idea of that name!!!!). She says he feels breech, she can definitely feel the head on top. I tell her my concerns, she says well let's get a second opinion. To which another doctor suggests "take her for an ultrasoud". What?? Yea, I am never this lucky. So here is what we saw.

Foot in his face!
Profile
Face
Face again
By the way, he is not breech. His head is right by the cervix. The doctor was just feeling the "Middleton physique" aka, his big butt!!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I hope I made you feel better when you called! I know it's getting crazy at work! You need twins so you can name them Max and Emmy! Aww, he has a big butt already, pobrecito! Love you! Stay strong! 42 days to go!!!! They will fly by!