So Maritza came to spend some time with us before she moved the twin cities area. We had so much fun having sister time and playing with the kiddos. One of the fun things we did was bake cinnamon swirl bread. I've been wanting to make bread for the kids. Everyone says its so easy, so I thought I'd give it a shot with Maritza's help of course. The rising part was not so good. Not sure what it was, not hot enough, didn't let the yeast cool down enough at the beginning, didn't mix it long enough....who knows. What I do know is that it was fun and I'm going to keep trying until I get it right.
It was fun to explain the process to Max. He understood that we were making bread and had to wait to bake it. He loved pouring the cinnamon and sugar in the bread. It was so good, tasted like a cinnamon roll without the icing!
It was amazing in the morning toasted with a little more sugar of course. Max was one happy camper. This is his happy face!
Maddie was also pretty impressed with our baking skills. Can you tell?
Here is a picture from round 2 of making the bread. I tried to let the bread rise outside where it was hotter. I thought it do the trick, but nope, still not rising enough. I may try using a standing mixer with a dough hook next time. Maybe third times a charm!
Voila!





No comments:
Post a Comment